Gallery & Exhibitions:
• Congratulations to Christine Pugh who won People’s Choice for the Spring Exhibition with her “African Lady”
• The artwork from the Youth Art Awards is hanging in the gallery until Friday 26th October. What a great turn out of parents, grandparents and visitors for the opening night. Councillor Paul Golle’ was the opening speaker, Elke Lackner the German teacher at Redlands College as the Judge. Tim Davidson our member and a sponsor on behalf of Tania’s Arthouse and Shirley Gent also a recent sponsor and mother of one of the youth, handed out certificates and prizes. 83 artworks are installed and five High Schools have participated.
• Our last rotating exhibition “Seasons” Delivery date: Monday 29th. Express the four seasons or concentrate on one. Collection date will be December 10th and our special “Holiday Collection” will be installed until the end of January 2019. Any artwork from 2018 or a favourite at no cost to the member and for sale.
• The Xmas Mini Market will be held in the Gallery and Studio on Sunday November 18th from 10am-3pm with with household goods, jewellery, cards, artworks, plants, etc. and a muffin/coffee or tea at $2 for visitors. If you would like a table please contact Karen 0438 243 885 or Gloria 3286 4086
• Thank you Karen for the article and photos published in the Bulletin on the Spring Exhibition and the Youth Art Awards.
• Thank you Norman Bain for filling in the big hole at the front drive with road base ready for this rainy season we are having.
• Thank you Michele for your offer to donate some books to our Library. Georgie Usher is doing a great job in arranging the books in their categories and will eventually have it ship shape. Members are encouraged to borrow any of them as well as the CD’s available at the princely sum of 20 cents per week.
• Flyers are available for distribution on the no tice board for John Spencer’s Pottery workshop and the Xmas Mini Market to be held in the Studio and gallery so help would be appreciated.
All groups are doing well with the Portraiture group inviting Kim Richards who sat for them and who brought a pear and almond tart for them to enjoy. Members are happy with the sessions on print making and are addicted. Plein air sees regular attendance including Life Drawing.
• The Annual General Meeting will be held on Monday 12th November before the normal General Meeting. Members of the Management Committee will step down and will be eligible for re-election on nomination. Any two members can nominate any other member to be a member of the Management Committee. Nominations should be lodged with the Secretary at least 14 days before the AGM. A list of nominees will be posted on the noticeboard at least 7 days before the meeting. If there are not sufficient nominees, nominations may be taken from the floor at the time of the meeting. Nomination forms and proxy forms will be sent out by email to all members and copies left on the studio table.
Additional information go to Workshops
For details on the Outdoor Sketching & Painting Group go to Members News
NON MEMBERS $100 hire fee plus $40 per day (weekends and Fri) MEMBERS $20 a day. Please note there is a 10% commission on all sales taken.
NOVEMBER: October 29th Deliver paintings to be installed: Theme: “Seasons”. Exhibition, from Fri 2nd November – Fri 7th December.
DECEMBER: 10th Collect “Seasons”, deliver paintings to be installed. Theme: “Holiday Collection” (2). Exhibition from Fri 14th December –Thurs 31st January 2019.
Dates will change only if the gallery is needed for private exhibitions. Entry forms will be available before each exhibition – happy painting in 2018!