Gallery & Exhibitions:
Our next rotating exhibition will be “Still Life” entry forms on the studio table for those who don’t have a computer or printer. See entry form on the last page of the April Newsletter
• For members entering The Great Master’s exhibition at the Redland Gallery: Sizes of paintings are from A4, A3 onwards to no larger than 42cm x 59.4cm including frame. The Redland Gallery is willing to frame any watercolours, pastels, mix-media or whatever if you meet their sizes, the list of the frames size is on the studio table.
• Mary Jane Turk will be contacting the builder to repair the damaged studio building outside roofing.
• Gloria will be sending out posters and entry forms to ten High Schools and will leave some on the studio table for those who know of any young person from Yrs 7-10 or 10-12 and aged up to 21yrs.
Encourage the young they are our future!
• The date of the “Mini Market” will be Sunday 28th from 10am-3pm with a variety of tables and our mini muffins/tea or coffee for $2. If you are interested in having a table, please contact Karen Munster.
Tables at no cost to the members and no commission on sales.
• Two paintings sold in the Autumn exhibition, Christine Pugh’s “Superb Parrot” and Kathryn Christensen’s “Budgie”
• Thankyou to Gillian Goldsworthy for her donation of a Silk Screen, a matt cutter and a light box for members to use when needed.
• Gloria will be supervising our member Anita Mangakahia during her term in curatorial studies at the University of Southern Qld and Anita will be having a workshop on Saturday May 11th as part of the process. More information will be forthcoming, and it would be encouraging for her to have you attend. She is very talented!
• John Spencer’s workshops have evolved into half day session.
• Val Bartholomew - A Mosaics Workshop – Sunday 19 May 2019.
Additional information go to Workshops
For details on the Outdoor Sketching & Painting Group go to Members News
NON MEMBERS $100 hire fee plus $40 per day (weekends and Fri) MEMBERS $20 a day. Please note there is a 10% commission on all sales taken.
APRIL 29 Collect “Landscapes with Water”, deliver paintings - theme: “Still Life” to 26 May.
MAY 27 Collect “Still Life”, deliver paintings - theme: “Fire” to 16 June.
JUNE 17 Collect “Fire”, deliver paintings - theme: “Shades of Grey” to 7 July.
JULY 12 En Plein Air Exhibition: Opening Friday 12 July to 14 July.
JULY 19 Group Exhibition: Bob, Karen, Kat: Opening Friday 19 July to Sunday 28.
JULY 29 Deliver paintings - theme: “Abstract” to 25 August.
AUGUST 26 Collect “Abstract”, deliver paintings - theme: “Gardens” to 15 September.
SEPTEMBER 16 Collect “Gardens”, deliver paintings - Open theme: Spring Exhibition to 11 October/Collect.
OCTOBER 18 Youth Art Awards Opening to 27 October.
OCTOBER 28 Deliver paintings - theme: “Shadows” to 24 November.
NOVEMBER 25 Collect “Shadows”, deliver paintings - theme: “Wildlife” to 15 December
DECEMBER 16 Collect “Wildlife” deliver paintings - Open theme: Holiday Collection to January 2020.